Hello Students and Parents!!!
Welcome to my classroom! This year we are going to be learning so much about how to interact with literature and how to grow our writing and grammar skills. I am so excited to meet you and spend the semester learning and working with you. My expectations for each class and access to the syllabus are available in the specific class tabs.
A little about me:
I am originally from East Tennessee, but I moved to Cookeville when I was twelve. I am a graduate of Tennessee Tech. I loved my time and my journey to higher education there. Go Golden Eagles!! #TechYeah #WingsUp I am married to a wonderful man named Andrew. He is an Electrical Engineer, also graduated from Tennessee Tech.
I have high expectations that all of my students to push themselves academically. We will have fun, but we will learn. My students' success is very important to me. I want to know what they thought of a learning activity. I want to how comfortable they are with specific topics so I know how to better teach the material they need to know. I am here to help students reach for and grasp the knowledge that will help them succeed in life.
Other important information:
- I love all animals, but especially dogs. Yes, I most definitely want to see a picture of your pets (but not during school hours).
- I am a firm believer that leggings are most definitely pants, but should only be worn if you can cover your butt.
- Mental health is equally as important, if not more important, than physical health; take time for the things that make you happy.
- I don't have a favorite movie; too many exist to narrow it down to just one favorite. I adore anything Star Wars or Marvel and will gladly hear/ talk theories (but not during class time).
- I don't have a favorite band/musical artist. I typically like any music that isn't rap or screamo, but I will listen to it if you want to show me something you like.
- My favorite book is The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom. Please read it despite your religious beliefs.